Monday, June 13, 2011

Long overdue update

Okay, so maybe I'm not the greatest at keeping up with this blog...but I'll try to get better :)  I promise! :)

Let's see, my last post was in March, and it almost the middle of June...so much has happened!!!

In April I got placed into a department with my job...so I officially 'graduated' from the ONTAP program.  I absolutely LOVE my job.  I enjoy everything I do with it.  God has totally blessed me with this position.  For Easter I traveled 7 hours down to Fort Smith, Arkansas and spent the weekend with my Aunt, Uncle, and cousin!  That was super fun, but I left my camera at home so I have no pictures. :(

The week before Easter we had a tornado touch down about a mile from my house.  Thankfully, there was no damage.  Good Friday, there was another tornado that touched down at the St. Louis airport.  The weather here is changing every 10 minutes!

Let's see...highlights for May...I GOT TO GO HOME!  I was super excited to get to travel home over Memorial Day Weekend.  My travel plans got completely messed up because of a flight cancellation, but after 11 hours in the St. Louis airport; 6 hours sitting on two different planes; 3 of those hours actually in the air; 2 hours in a car; and a terrible thunderstorm in Charlotte diverting my flight to GSP---I FINALLY made it home to Chesnee!  My flight back was sooo much better though!

Other news...we had an earthquake last week.  That was pretty crazy.  Waking up at 3AM to your room moving back and forth thinking you're in a dream...but you're not.  It was for real!! :)

Things are going pretty good.  I feel like I'm starting to get settled in.  I knew I would miss SC--friends and family--a lot when I moved here...and I'm not sure I was completely ready for that.  But, I didn't know God would put a family in my life that would make me feel as welcomed, cared for, and loved as I have by Sarah Harvey and her family (she has 8 kids--18 to 2 years old)!!!  Getting to know this family has been so fun, and so encouraging to me--there is never a dull moment.  I actually met Sarah my first Sunday here in MO at the church I visited--Eagle Point--which is now where I attend.   We joke that she snagged me up and would not let me go...I am soooo very thankful for that.  Getting to know this family has made my transition to Missouri a lot less stressful.





No comments:

Post a Comment