That is the word that I feel like I've heard the most since moving to St. Louis. After hearing that I left all I knew in South Carolina, to come to St. Louis for this job, I always hear "You are so brave." And some will even add on "I could never do that" or "That's too hard for me to do."
Some definitions of brave are "possessing or exhibiting courage or courageous endurance" and "to face or endure with courage". Yep, so NOT me. I am not brave. I wish I had time to sit with each of those people and tell them this has not been the easiest thing for me to do. On my own I could NEVER do this.
Some definitions of brave are "possessing or exhibiting courage or courageous endurance" and "to face or endure with courage". Yep, so NOT me. I am not brave. I wish I had time to sit with each of those people and tell them this has not been the easiest thing for me to do. On my own I could NEVER do this.
I do know one thing though. God is so very good. He brought me here. I truly believe that. I also believe that whatever trials, joys, heartaches, sadness, bad time and good times I face, He will be WITH me! I trust Him! He will get me through it. I really don't see it as me being brave, because if you knew me, you would know I am not. Yes, I love adventure. Yes, I do love to travel. Never in a million years would I have thought the Lord would have sent me 11 hours away from everything I knew. But He did! And I am forever grateful. My times with Jesus have been sweet and very encouraging the past few weeks.
I see this as a time for me to trust in the Lord completely. His timing is perfect, and my life is completely in His hands.
Praying for you friend! The Lord is faithful! I'm glad you are relying on Him! Love you!
ReplyDelete