Monday, June 20, 2011

...happiness...

Today has been one of those days...you know those Mondays that you'd rather not see happen.  Those Mondays where everyone at work (including yourself) woke up on the wrong side of the bed...by the way I never understood that saying. :)  Those Mondays where you're ready to call it quits by 8:30am and you got to work at 8:00am!  Yep, today was definitely one of those days. 

But this past week and weekend was definitely NOT like today.  It was fun... :)  Last Monday I was invited to Sarah's for supper and we had one of my favorites...pinto beans, cornbread, and turnip greens.  All I needed was a big cup of sweet iced tea!! :)  Tuesday I found out that hail damage has caused my car to be a total loss...okay so that isn't good news...but it happened last week so yeah.  Wednesday, I did nothing!  :)  Thursday I went to Life Group and that was a lot of fun.  That group always makes me laugh!!!  Friday I worked, came home and went for a run...8 miles.  Whew!
Saturday I got up early and took some friends to the airport, and drove through a CRAZY storm! (What's up with these storms??)  Saturday night/Sunday morning we had another storm...trees down, power off...not a fun way to start a Sunday morning.

Sunday afternoon I hung out at the Harvey house...then I was taken to Ted Drewe's.  It's a frozen custard place here in St. Louis. 

It was okay.  I'm not a fan of custard...still like my frozen ice cream from the good ole' Darie Dream (where I worked for 8 1/2 years!)

It was definitely an experience though...so I wouldn't trade going for anything.  And I would probably go back if others were going...it's just not my top pick.

Even though last week was fun, and today was not so fun.   Life here has been hard the past week.  I really miss my family and friends.  I'm not really sure how to express it to people here, cause it makes me sad to really think about my family.  Part of me feels like I've let them down by moving, and part of me is jealous that life is going on in SC without me, and part of me just wants a big hug from my daddy.  

PS:  11 days until I get to see 2 members of my family, and then one more day until about 25+ Arledge's are all together!!!!  Oh.My.Goodness. I am sooooo EXCITED! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment