Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A New Start

Around the beginning of February, I made a decision that has changed my life...forever.  I took a new position with the bank.  I was definitely ready for a change with my job.  This decision has changed every part of my life.  At the end of February I packed up everything I own, left everything I knew, and moved 650 miles away to St. Louis, MO.  This was something I felt I needed to do with my position at work, but emotionally it was one of the hardest decisions I've ever made.  Many nights on my knees before the Lord, asking for wisdom.  

So, here I am...sitting in my house in Festus, MO.  I've been in training for my new position for seven days now.  I've met my neighbors, who are both families with lots of kids.  And I LOVE IT!  I love the people I'm in training with.  I love the possible positions I could have with my job.  I love my home.  I love the area I live.  I love my life!  I really do love it, but by all means that doesn't mean that it is easy.  This is probably the hardest thing I've ever done.  I've cried a lot.  I've laughed at myself a lot.  I've prayed a lot.  I've spent a lot of time with Jesus.  I miss a LOT of people.  Thank you Jesus for leading me here!
 
Since I've moved here, there's been a couple of first's for me so far.  On Saturday it was a beautiful 75 degree day, Sunday it was a little chilly, and on Monday without warning, it was SNOWING!  This weather is crazy here. :)

Here are a few of my firsts:

First time:
--living outside of SC
--having to drive in a snow storm (okay, maybe it wasn't a storm, but for this southern girl, it was!) :)
--having to use my GPS to get to work for at least a week
--buying a washer and dryer :) (my brother had given me his, but they wouldn't fit in the trailer!)
--living in a 2-story home (I definitely get my exercise)
--not living withing a 8 minute drive of a Chick-fil-a
--it's taken me longer than 4 days to unpack and be settled 
--I've moved somewhere and didn't know a single person within a 5 hour drive
--I've really felt very alone
--I've lived somewhere where there's a fish fry every Friday
--I've had to find fellowship on my own...and it's really hard
--I've been in training for a job and thought..."I'm gonna LOVE this job!"
--I've had a kid--a little girl--someone I don't know--ask me to sign a paper if I would join her and her friend for a sleep over :)
--I've not lived on a college campus, or within a 5-10 minute drive of one
--I've had a hard time finding SWEET tea at a restaurant

 It's been hard, it's been fun, and I wouldn't change a single minute of it!!!
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! I laughed out loud at "not living withing a 8 minute drive of a Chick-fil-a". It's tough but you get used to it. :)

    ReplyDelete