Friday, January 22, 2010

Cryin'...




Got the news on Friday morning, but a tear I couldn't find
You showed me how I am supposed to live, now you showed me how to die

I was lost til Sunday morning, I woke up to face my fear

While writing you this good bye song I found a tear


I'm going to miss that smile, I'm going to miss you my friend

Even though it hurts the way it ended up, I'd do it all again

So play it sweet in heaven, cause thats right where you want to be

I'm not cryin' cause I feel so sorry for you, I am cryin' for me


I got up and dialed your number, your voice came on the line

That old familiar message, I have heard a thousand times

It just said, sorry that I missed you, leave a message and God bless

I know that you think I am crazy, but I just had to hear your voice I guess


I'm going to miss that smile, I'm going to miss you my friend

Even though it hurts the way it ended up, I'd do it all again

So play it sweet in heaven, cause thats right where you want to be

I'm not cryin' cause I feel so sorry for you, I am cryin' for me



Those lyrics pretty much describe how the last few weeks have been for me...
J.M. you were an amazing man of God, and I am so honored to have known you. I was thrilled to have shared a birthday with you as well. It's been two and a half weeks and I miss you. Thank you for all you did. 


Jason, you were an absolute blast to be around. Your faith in God was absolutely amazing! Through your short struggle you were such a fighter. Your three sweet boys are such gems, and are great reminders of you. My friend, I will be praying for your family...Lindsay, and your three boys. I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment